Houston Food Park
Connect: Facebook | Twitter
I went to it's grand opening in June 22. I saw a favorite there: Coreanos, tried new trucks like Muishii Makkirtos and Texas Blizzard - instant favorites!
It was super hot and difficult to find shaded places to sit. The venue was unimpressive - looked like a deserted part of downtown covered with graffiti. Food trucks rotate here and you can find the line up listed on their Facebook. They open around 4 and end around 8. I recommend going earlier than later as food trucks will start running out of food toward the end.
1701 W. Alabama
Every 1st and 3rd Friday of every month. HEB on Montrose has a food truck meet-up sponsored by their Fork-in-the-road food truck. The food truck line up changes each time.
I prefer the HEB food truck meet ups over the Houston Food Park. HEB offers seating in their patio area as well as the opportunity to go in a purchase spirits for BYOB.
A co-worker introduced me to Sur la Table's cooking classes. They run about $69 - $89. I find them very worth it - you learn techniques you can apply over again. In addition, you get a full meal out of them. They run about 2 - 2/12 hours long. For the nighttime ones, you are welcomed to bring your own wine or indulge in theirs. They have various themed ones specifically for Girls Night Out or Date Night. A definite must try for people who love cooking and food!
In Houston, the City Centre, Sugarland and River Oaks location offers classes.
So far I've done:
- Fast, French, &Fabulous
- Menu: Provencal Caramelized Onion Tart with Olives & Herbs - Steak with Béarnaise Sauce - Spiced Broccoli Tossed in Lemon Vinaigrette - Chocolate Grand Marnier Soufflé
- I started roasting broccoli after this class and decided that I don't like souffle
- Perfect Pizza at Home
- Menu: Neapolitan Pizza Dough – Classic Pizza Margherita – Pizza Bianco with Four Cheeses – Pizza with Italian Sausage, Broccoli Raab and Fresh Mozzarella
- I discovered a newfound love for Broccoli Raab (aka Broccolini) and make my own pizza dough every since. I make the Italian Sausage, Broccoli Raab pizza all the time and add mushrooms to it. I made a large batch of pizza sauce the first time, froze what I didn't use, and used it for the next time - great time saver!
|My Italian Sausage, Broccoli Raab, and Mushroom pizza at home!|
- Mastering Ice Cream & Gelato
- Menu: Honey and Lavender Ice Cream – Toasted Coconut Ice Cream – Strawberry-Limoncello Gelato – Dark Chocolate Gelato
- My Uncle Tai got me an ice cream maker and I can finally put it to use! I've made Nutella Ice cream with success. My cookies and cream is chilling in the refrigerator as I type.
|My homemade Nutella Gelato!|